Seamless Restoration with Tooth-Colored Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are very common at the practice of Browne Goetz & Miraglia PC in Mount Kisco, NY. Dental fillings are used by our dentists to restore your teeth, treat tooth decay and improve their appearance. Regular check-ups can often reduce the need for teeth restoration but if you’re suffering from painful tooth decay or damage to a tooth, your dentist can use a natural material to fill the damage caused by decay and restore the function and form of your tooth. Fillings are utilized to repair teeth that are broken, cracked, or that have cavities. Dental fillings may also be suggested as an alternative to a dental crown.
Why choose us for your dental care?
HIGHLY EXPERIENCED & DEDICATED DENTISTS
AESTHETICALLY PLEASING RESULTS
DIGITAL, STATE-OF-THE-ART DENTAL OFFICE
Types of Materials
There are several types of filling materials that are currently available. Teeth may be filled with porcelain, gold, or tooth-colored composite resins. The extent and location of the cavity, and the recommendation of the dentist will determine the kind of filling material that will best suit your needs.
A More Attractive, Healthier Solution
If you require a filling or are interested in dental restoration, or wish to replace your existing silver or gold colored filling, you may be pleased to discover that we offer white colored filling which are made from best in class high-quality materials. This ensures your teeth do not have that “metallic look” when you laugh or smile. White fillings do not contain mercury and are ideal in achieving long-term strength in filled teeth.
White or tooth-colored fillings provide a healthier, more natural alternative to traditional silver or amalgam fillings.
The life expectancy of a white filling can depend greatly on where it is in your mouth and how heavily your teeth come together when you bite. Your dentist can advise you on the life expectancy of your fillings.
White or tooth colored fillings provide a healthier more natural alternative to traditional silver or amalgam fillings. They also allow for a minimally invasive restoration; meaning more of your natural tooth can be preserved.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Many patients choose these fillings due to their benefits:
- Aesthetics: Composites can be closely matched to the color of the patient’s teeth. They are particularly useful for teeth that are visible.
- Bonding: Composite fillings will bond chemically with a tooth and provide structural support to the tooth.
- Versatile: Can also be utilized in the repair of broken, worn, or chipped teeth.
- Space Requirement: At times less tooth material is needed to be removed in comparison to silver amalgam fillings when preparing a space for this filling.
Comparison to Gold Fillings
- Extremely Durable: Will usually last for the life of the patient. Will not corrode.
- Strength: Can withstand almost any chewing forces.
- Aesthetics: Some people prefer the look of gold to sliver amalgam.
- Expense: More costly than other types of material. Can be ten times more costly than amalgam.
- Multiple Office Visits: Requires a minimum of two visits.
- Aesthetics: Some patients don’t like its appearance.
Emergency Dental Fillings: We Can Fit You In Today!
If an existing filling is knocked out or chipped Browne Goetz & Miraglia PC sets aside a portion of each day for emergency appointments only so that we can offer available appointments to existing and new dental patients who have emergencies on the same day.
Contact Us Today
If you require a dental filling, or have questions regarding whether they can help you achieve optimal oral health, please contact us or call (914) 241-1191 to set up a consultation.